Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: University Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.2||3.5|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3||3.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||3||3.5|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.5||4.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.5||3.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.8||3.5|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.7||3.5|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.8||3.5|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.3||4.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.5||4.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.3||4.5|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.3||3.5|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.8||3.5|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.8||3.5|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.8||4.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.3||3.5|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.3||4.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3||3.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.7||3.5|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||61.3(6)||71.5(2)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Med-Surg Oncology department(s) in the hospital. I was there for 8 weeks. It was there first time with travelers. Was never canceled. They actually wanted me to extend. It is a county/teaching hospital. 06/12/2017 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Hospital. Housing was located in city of Lubbock. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. It is a college town
- I worked in the PCU MED/SURG department(s) in the hospital. Very little contact with manager-spoke to her 3x by phone and once face to face(worked this unit for 21 wks)-most RNs on floor had less than 2 yrs experience, but were competent at their job. Lots of time spent on cell phones by RNs and PCTs-e-mail, messenger, twitter-I felt patient care suffered. Charge RN and some staff very cliquey-made a difference in the acuity of patients assigned to you and how much teamwork existed depending on if you were part of the clique or not. Hospital close to University area, lots to do and see in Tucson. 04/12/2017 Housing was approximately 9 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was own. Housing was located in city of Tucson. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. I loved the all the staff, nurses, doctors, ekg techs, transport and unity clerks! This is a large volume ER and the team work was outstanding. I've completed 5 travel assignments and this by far was my favorite. The only downside was Las Vegas doesn't pay a lot because it's a "hot spot" vacation area and it isn't hard to convince travelers to come to Las Vegas. Nurse patient ratio was 3:1. On the rare occasion the ratio was 4:1. I highly recommend this Adult ER. 07/11/2013 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Copper Creek. Housing was located in city of Las Vegas. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. The housing was provided by my travel company. It was a great place to live. Neighbors were quiet, grounds were well kept and clean, gym was open 24/7 and the best part there was a fenced dog park with grass! Anyone who has spent a summer is Las Vegas knows how rare it is to find apartments with much grass available to pets.
- I worked in the BMT department(s) in the hospital. During the winter months they over staff travelers, consistently called off every other week. Half computerized charting, half not. Over crowded work environment. 02/22/2007 Housing was approximately 14 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Crescent Ridge. Housing was located in city of Tucson. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. too far from hospital, traffic in Tucson is miserable
- I worked in the NICU department(s) in the hospital. Felt like the NICU was really behind the times. I would not want my little one in this unit. 11/14/2006 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was The Estates. Housing was located in city of Pikesville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Apt very dog friendly.
- I would not refer any traveler that does not work in a specialty- ICU, ED,OR to work at this hosptial. They have an terrible float policy for that always makes the travelers float. It doesn't matter if you floated the day before you will float again the next day if you are the only agency nurse on your floor. It was often discouraging because I felt like I became a staffing nurse for the entire hospital instead of staff relief for my floor! I worked in the med/on/bmt department(s) in the hospital. Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was The Legends at La Paloma. Housing was located in city of tucson. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. This is certainly the place to live! It isn't in the heart of the city like the hospital. It has excellent views of the mountains and the city lights at night.
Click here for advertising info