Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Valley Presbytarian
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.8||2.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3||2.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||1.6||1.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||1.6||1.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.2||2.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2||1.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.6||1.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||1.8||1.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3||2.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.4||2.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.4||1.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.2||3.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3||3.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.4||1.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.2||1.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||1.4||1.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.4||1.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.6||1.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.4||1.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||48.2(5)||29.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. Wow this place was a dump! From my first day, I was counting the seconds until my last day. This hospital was filthy with some of the oldest equipment I had ever seen. The place hasnt been updated in decades (if ever), holes and chipped paint in the floors and walls and ceilings, cracked or missing tiles in the walls, frayed extension cords hanging down from the ceilings, and an awful charting system. Safety issues galore! I nearly cancelled my contract multiple times. On top of that, of all the places Ive *ever* worked, the physicians across the board, were some of the most rude, nasty, arrogant, and condescending Ive ever come across, and they weren't even good at their jobs! I wouldnt send a dog to have surgery here. That said, the nursing staff is friendly and knowledgable, but very very short staffed (not surprising, who would want to work here)?? Management tries to be of assistance but it seems their hands are tied in most instances. The vast majority of patients are indigent and very few speak english. This hospital has definitely been added to my do not return list. 01/17/2017 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was n/a. Housing was located in city of Tarzana. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Found an apartment on Craigslist. If youre going to live in the San Fernando valley make sure you find a place *south* of Ventura boulevard or you will be living in some very seedy areas.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. This is a small hospital, and has small ER. Average 3/4 patient. Mostly travelers, core staff pool is small, staffing is poor especially on nights. ER is small cramped and dirty. Technology wise, the department is lacking in nursing stations. Great team work, Tech are good at helping RN. Since its small you do great team work from everyone. Its located in Van Nuys, kinda shady area, most patients are indigent care as all other county hospitals. The Deptartmet can be a little disorganized, but doable. I extended for 3 contracts with no problems. 01/07/2016 Housing was approximately NA mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was NA. Housing was located in city of NA. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I found my own housing, cali cost of living is a little more expensive especially for someone coming from south east.
- I worked in the nicu department(s) in the hospital. I would never return to this hospital. I felt very unsafe with my practice and looking back could not believe some of the things that went on there. The nursery is crazy and you are the only one in there with no one around in case something happens. The doctors were rude. The nurses were wonderful. Everyone was helpful. If it wasn't for the nurses 03/04/2007 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was own housing. Housing was located in city of van nuys. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. I heard the best place to live was studio city
- The staff, for the most part, are friendly and helpful.
I needed a TB test, but the hospital refused to do it for me (my test was 7 mos old, not 3 mos as required by the hospital).
The charting is not well organized.
Staffing is poor at times. They will shuffle staff, unless you talk to them about it.
Well baby nursery is staffed with one nurse and you call for help. You can do 16 admits in one shift with no ward clerk assigned to nursery. I was pulled to nursery by choice.
Mother-baby couplet care is 4 to 5 couplets sometimes 8 because staffing is short.
I worked in the NICU department(s) in the hospital. Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Park Place Apt. Housing was located in city of Burbank. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. I found the housing nice. Could have had new carpet, but the management said the company was taking care of the apartment cleaning.
- I put the recommendation to other travelers a three. However, I would go back. The staff was so nice, that it compensated for lack of technology and Physician/nurse relationships. This is the first hospital I have ever worked where these relationships sub standard I worked in the NIcu department(s) in the hospital. Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was North Tower Apartments. Housing was located in city of Van Nuys. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. The housing was not in a good area. But for me, since I'm not real picky, it was fine. It was close to the hospital and that is what I wanted.
Click here for advertising info