Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Baptist East Memphis Tennessee
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||2.2||1.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||1.8||2.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||1.6||2.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.2||1.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.2||2.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.8||3.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3||4.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2||2.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.2||2.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2||1.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.2||2.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||1.4||2.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.4||3.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.2||3.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||1.8||1.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||1.2||2.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.4||2.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1.2||1.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1.4||2.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||39.8(5)||41.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the 3 South - Med/Surg/Telemetry department(s) in the hospital. Very doable, just on the heavy side of work load. Lots of sour career nurses, understandably so with the 6-7:1 ratio on less acute floors. On Christmas day I covered 10 rooms, and had 9 patients. Inadequate float pool utilization to staff times like that. 08/15/2016 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was self acquired. Housing was located in city of Raleigh (unusually low income area). On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. If you want to be in a good part of town, there are only a few. My suggestion is stay in Germantown or move outside the city in the rural areas and make the 25+ minute commute. Your life may actually depend on it. Frequent gunshots just north of the city loop in Raleigh.
- I worked in the Cath lab department(s) in the hospital. Staff mostly welcoming but a few bad apples control the unit and have ran off all good staff. Mentally exhausting dealing with such unprofessional and devious staff. Not the majority but unfortunately this unit is being ran by a few sad ones. 03/10/2016 Housing was approximately 14 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Reserve at Dexter lake . Housing was located in city of Cordova. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Nice complex awesome amenities.
- I worked in the stepdown/overflow department(s) in the hospital. I was hired as an RN to help clear their ER out to a med /tele/pcu. I was told that we had CNAs to help, JOKE! all they did was stand around and get on their phones. The hospital wont let them do vitals. They rarely did their assigned duties and if you asked them, they gave you the ghetto attitude. The nurses were from the 'float pool' and all the ones I got report from on day shift didnt want to do
walking rounds in the room, just give report in the hall. The reports were scanty as if they hadnt assessed patients, i worked nights, and the policy was for us to do blood sugars at 6am, which is against Best Practice and the ADA.
They didnt care. The workload was unabearable, their EPIC charting requirements were unbelievable, something I've never seen before in EPIC. Their equipment is outdated, old PLUM IV machines, beds without scales, no friction reduction equipment for moving patients in bed, OMNICELL which is a pain, PLUS-Private rooms, that's it. Computers on wheels, so when you assess your patient you have to push the Dynamap and the Computer into the room. HORRIBLE. The staff are racist. 07/11/2015 Housing was approximately 7 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Extended Stay America Cordova. Housing was located in city of Cordova. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Parking is tight, one narrow road leading in. Fight at 3am across hall, security guard (i never saw), didnt come to floor, waited for police 20 min later. Staff nice. Lots of kids running around, pool very small, no fitness room as advertised. I think govt pays for homeless ppl to stay there.
- Housing was approximately na mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was with friends. Housing was located in city of na. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. 07/29/2009
- The city is wonderful. Lots to do and see. The hosptial has friendly nurses very welcoming. The staffing is awful, very short staffed. Holding many icu pts, 2 RN s and many sick er pts. *TN has no nurse to pt ratio... (2:18 in er)You'll find out quickly that mgmt. likes it that way. No! overtime! Schedules SUCKED!!! (example. on 1, off 1, on 1, off 1, all the time) To get time off write it in the contract or you will not get it. MD's are great! A litte over board but, very friendly and accepting of travelers strong minds. *** NO FLOATING***
I worked in the icu department(s) in the hospital. Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was with friends. Housing was located in city of with friends. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I lived with a friend but, my travel friends had nice apartments that were easy to get to and very nice sized.
Click here for advertising info