Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: INOVA Fair Oaks Hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||4.4||4.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.8||3.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.4||4.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.8||4.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.2||3.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||4||4.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||4.4||4.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.4||3.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.8||4.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||4.2||4.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.4||3.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||4||4.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.6||3.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.6||4.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.6||4.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.2||3.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.6||4.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3.2||3.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3.8||4.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||74.4(5)||73.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Perioperative (OR) department(s) in the hospital. I really enjoyed my time here at Inova Fair Oaks. The staff were very welcoming and very helpful whenever I needed anything. The traffic was the worst part so try to find a place close to the hospital so you don't have to deal with the highway. 14 ORs with six of them opening just a year ago. I would definitely recommend this hospital. 11/19/2017 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was The Courts at Fair Oaks. Housing was located in city of Fairfax, VA. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the Interventional radiology department(s) in the hospital. Beautiful hospital, great cultural area. Traffic is horrible all over the area though. IR dept were very welcoming and taught me the process and mentored. Would definitely go back. 09/15/2016 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was craigslist private housing.. Housing was located in city of Chantilly. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Found a room myself very close to hospital.
- I worked in the NICU department(s) in the hospital. I loved (almost) everyone I worked with. They were very excepting and excited to have extra help, and were very accomadating to me as a traveler. 11/01/2015 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was The Point at McNair Farms. Housing was located in city of Herndon, VA. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. My apt was ok. Nice area overall and close to the hospital, but it was very outdated and smelled old and musty. Pet friendly and within walking distance to restaurants and grocery stores.
- I worked in the Med-Surg department(s) in the hospital. Nurse to patient ratio was horrible and frightening, often feared for my license. Could have up to as many as 13 patients with no aide help. Saw many patients have unnecessary complications and deaths. 02/22/2007 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Peach Tree of Mclean. Housing was located in city of Fairfax. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. Looked like a poor remodel on a project apartment. Parking was too far from apartment, move in was a bear.
- This is a very pretty newly remodled hospital in a suburban area of fairfax. The staff was nice, and supportive in the radiology area where I was. there are some inner department issues but nothing you couldn't ignore and do your job. It is approx 20 miles outside of dc so the traffic can be rough. I was housed in a complex 5 miles from the hospital so that was great and I never got stuck in traffic getting to work. complex was very nice, with friendly staff. I worked in the radiology department(s) in the hospital. Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was windsor at fair lakes. Housing was located in city of fairfax. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Housing was clean and quiet, complex staff very nice. Although very populated there was everything you could need with in the fair oaks area of fairfax. easy to get into washington.
Click here for advertising info