Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: White Plains Hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||4.4||2.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.8||1.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.2||2.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.2||2.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.4||1.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.6||2.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.6||4.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2||2.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3||1.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||4.2||3.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||4.2||1.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||4.4||2.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||4.4||2.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.6||1.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4.2||1.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||4.4||2.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||4.4||2.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3.8||2.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||4||1.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||74(5)||35.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. Travelers and staff are not treated the same here, management has forgotten what it is like to be at the bedside and they walk about with a sense of superiority and entitlement, particularly the nurse educator. Some nurses are rude, generally overworked and sometimes you have to chase them down and beg for co-sign of meds. I observed one nurse showing another nurse a picture of a patient's x-ray on her iPhone that she apparently grabbed from the medical record with the camera. VERY unprofessional! Patient care techs were the friendliest staff members. Unit clerks were often frustrated with travelers that had too many questions and not already well-versed in the flow of the department. Ratios can get out of control particularly at night. There is no limit to the number of patients you can get, and the charge does not a do a good job of assigning patients from triage. You can get 2 patients at once if you don't speak up. Orientation needs to be longer and their Meditech computer system is very archaic. White Plains is not in a particularly seedy area at all, though it is purportedly the busiest ER in the county. I am shocked that this is a Magnet hospital, nurses are not 1st class here. I would NOT recommend this place to other travelers. 03/27/2017 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Avalon. Housing was located in city of White Plains. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. Nicest staff of doctors I have ever worked with. I want to go back there. 12/01/2012 Housing was approximately 7 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private. Housing was located in city of Mt Vernon. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I do my own housing and I had an awesome landlord in Mt Vernon. Found it on Craigslist. Still in touch with landlord.
- I do my own housing. Found it on Craigslist. Landlord was awesome! 01/26/2012 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Self housing. Housing was located in city of Mt Vernon. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I worked in the Surgery department(s) in the hospital. Very accomdating with scheduling. Doctors were nicest, politest Ihave ever worked with.
- I worked in the ICU/stepdown department(s) in the hospital. Only carry med size gloves, looks like a not to great area, but is actually nice. Lots of bars, shops in area surrounding hospital. 09/28/2011 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Avalon. Housing was located in city of White Plains. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I found my own and paid an outrageous amount of money. Travel agency sent travelers to Hudson Park Apts in Yonkers and I heard they were not bad.
- They require all your titers. It's expensive if you aren't covered by insurance. Make the travel company reimburse you. I worked in the obstetrical department(s) in the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Winslow Hall. Housing was located in city of White Plains. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. The housing is in a separate part of the hospital; you don't even have to walk outside to get to work. But it is furnished with the *bare* minimum.
Click here for advertising info