Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Torrance Memorial Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||4.6||4.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.2||3.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||4||4.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4||3.5|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.8||2.5|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||4.4||4.5|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||4.4||4.5|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.6||3.5|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||4.2||4.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||4.4||4.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.6||4.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||4.2||3.5|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3||4.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||4.2||3.5|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4||3.5|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.6||3.5|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||4.2||4.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||4||3.5|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3.8||3.5|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||80.2(5)||75.5(2)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. Very, very soft ICU. Not even sure if you can call it an ICU. The ICU and PCU are combined. In 5 weeks I had only 1 actual ICU patient (not vent). The others have been stable Sepsis patients. Almost m/s type. However, this hospital is new and beautiful. HUGE windows, all the equipment you could ever need to do your job, a cute little Farmers Market in the parking lot on Saturdays. Parking is easy. Staff is super sweet and welcoming. Schedules are flexible. Some days I have come to work and had only one patient... or none. The down side.. if you need stimulation or need to be in a busy ICU to keep your skills fresh.. this hospital is not for you right now. If you can stand the soft ICU.. it will be perfect. They have obtained their Code STROKE status so patients will be brought here vs sending them out. Next is the PCI status. That will bring in the business. This hospital is in a healthier area = less patients. One other downside.. housing. SUPER EXPENSIVE if you plan on finding a place to stay locally for just 13 weeks. It would be better to try to extend and get a longer lease somewhere. Apartments for 3 months would be $2200->$3000 a month NOT including utilities. Great place to work, expensive place to live but close enough to D.C, Reading Market Terminal, NYC that you won't get bored. 07/29/2017 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Hawthorn Suites. Housing was located in city of Sterling. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Cost $2100 a month utilities included. Cleaning your own place drops the price a hair. Newly renovated. Nice little kitchen (stove, microwave, dishwasher, med fridge). Color scheme is warm and inviting. You can get a decent discount for staying long term but I wouldn't tell them you are travel nurse. We were charged more a night than other folks that were staying there for various other reasons for the same amount of time.
- I worked in the operating room department(s) in the hospital. Beautiful hospital! Staff follows AORN guidelines, accredited by JACHO... Lots of entertainment, good restaurants, beach etc.,If you are coming to experience California great but assignment pays very cheap not enough to support the cost of living here. Hospital does not offers overtime. Great experience! Operating Room equipments are up to standard. 06/15/2017 Housing was approximately 24 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was own. Housing was located in city of Long Beach. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. It very expensive here in California so 1bdrm or Studios are extremely high in price. unless you are going to live 1 hour away from the hospital and the traffic is ridiculos
- I worked in the med/surg onc department(s) in the hospital. Beautiful Hospital, friendly staff, best hospital i've ever worked in. Ratio 1:4 or max 1:5. Doctors can be rude and mean. Trauma level 2 - patients not too acutely sick, patient load very manageable. LEAD RNs very helpful. Great experience, would work there full time. 08/31/2016 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was playa pacifica. Housing was located in city of hermosa beach. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. AMN owns the contract to 3 month housing here. AMN furnished place, good location, but AMN pays very low and is the worst travel agency ever. Pool, little workout center, laundry in your apartment. Studio or 1 bedroom available for travelers. Another company offered Milano apartments in torrance - very nice apartment complex, cheaper than playa pacifica and offer 3 month contracts.
- I worked in the 7 tower department(s) in the hospital. the unit I worked on was staffed primarily by travelers. It was in the old hospital building and was a substandard facility especially when compared to the new building. double rooms and plumbing from the 70's what would sometimes go terribly wrong. It was very chaotic because there were only 2 regular staff members during day shift on that unit and they only worked 2-3 days/week. It definitely got the impression that the new building was first class and the unit I was working on was economy. Unfortunately that is the same impression it made on the patients. Wasn't a horrible experience but not a great experience either.
Also scheduling was not a problem for me but many of the nurses working nites had a lot of complaints about the scheduling being unfair and unaccomodating. 03/10/2016 The name of the housing complex was Did not take housing. Housing was located in city of Torrance. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. didn't take housing
- I worked in the ONC/MedSurg department(s) in the hospital. Very nice hospital with a brand new wing. All the staff were very friendly. Small bumps with orientation (they started us on the floor the first week on our own, then did orientation the following, which I thought was pretty backwards). 06/23/2015 The name of the housing complex was didn't take housing. Housing was located in city of Torrance. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I did not take housing. I took stipend.
Click here for advertising info