Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Sidney Health Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||5|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||5|
|3. Hospital Technology||3|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3|
|5. Cafeteria food||3|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||5|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||4|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||5|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||4|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||4|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||4|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3|
|17. How well staffed are they||2|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||4|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||4|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||75(1)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the ICU/ER department(s) in the hospital. - 3 bed ICU, 18 beds on MedSurg, 5-6 in ER with 2 trauma bays.
- Staff and Docs are nice, there are bad eggs but thats just normal.
- At night if an emergency happens, you need to know your stuff because help is ON CALL. You need to be able to work alone.
- In house staff numbers - 1 ICU, 2-3 MedSurg, 2-3 OB, 2-3 ER, 1 ER Doc who is IM or FM trained. I havent seen any ER trained docs. During the day they have Xray, CT, MRI, a few RTs, PT, OT, OR staff (2-3 CRNAs, no AN MDs, 2-3 Surg Docs, and ~8 OR staff workers) and social work. The regular stuff.
- Sidney is an oil boom town, small, rich, and friendly.
- The city is nice but about 1-3 hours from anything like a walmart, bestbuy, a mall, ect ect.
- There is hiking about 1 hour south
- lots of bars and casinos
- Food is INSANELY pricey. about 20-40% more than down south in texas, colorado, or other comparable remote areas. 06/16/2015 Housing was approximately 0.7 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Pheasent Run. Housing was located in city of Sidney. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Housing is terribly expensive. Im talking 1500 for a studio and 2300 for a 2 bedroom. Internet is restricted to a certain amount of GBs per month... so no netflix binges. Water can smell like rotten eggs at times (due to Fracking).
But besides that the pay for travel nurses trumps most issues. You are here to make money (just like the oil workers)... take in the small town vibe and the country fresh air. It's worth the headaches.
Click here for advertising info