Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||2||3.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||1.2||1.3|
|3. Hospital Technology||2||2.7|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.3||3.7|
|5. Cafeteria food||1.3||1.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.3||3.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.5||3.3|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2||2.7|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.8||3.3|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.2||2.7|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.7||3.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.5||3.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.8||3.7|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.8||2.7|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3||4.3|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.3||3.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.3||3.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2||3.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1.8||2.7|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||46(6)||59.8(3)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Oncology department(s) in the hospital. Staff is very nice all over the hospital. They go by the correct California ratios BUT be prepared to have the highest assignment acuity---they write the acuity on the assignment sheet so it's right in your face. Travelers always get the first admit, of course, no matter how much higher your acuity is. I can't stress THIS part enough: if you interview, ask HOW MANY 8 HR SHIFT nurses there are on your assigned unit. Because some units have quite a few. And even if you have already need there for 4 or 8 hr YOU get floated. Which means you take care of and chart on 8 to 10 pts EVERY shift. And of course an admission on each unit you are on. When you do that scenario for every shift for weeks on end..it's exhausting. Very exhausting. 05/08/2017 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was ESA . Housing was located in city of Santa Rosa . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. If you stay at Extended Stay don't pick the one in the SOUTH side of the city..it is, I've heard, full of, um, unsavory people doing illegal stuff. The Northern one is ok...I've not had issues but other travelers didn't like it and went elsewhere. Don't stay at The Inn because the owner insists that your room gets cleaned EVERYday even if you works nights and sleep all day. And he has told nurses to up and leave/go to another hotel if you try to ask him not to have your room done everyday. Least that is what I've heard from nurses there.
- I worked in the Tele department(s) in the hospital. The staff in the Tele department on 4W were awesome. I also floated to the other Tele department in the hospital and the staff were very welcoming. I loved it there and extended my contract. 02/27/2017 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private. Housing was located in city of Petaluma. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the 3E(ONCOLOGY) department(s) in the hospital. My experience at this facility was horrible for day one. Conniving lying staff. I constantly felt like my license was on the line. To top it off, this was my first travel assignment, so it made my experience that much worse. My acuity patient level was always rated as 21/21, while the other staff nurses acuity was around 13/14. When mentioning my concerns to the head nurse who made the assignments, she would just shrug my concerns off. I then got canceled with cause, so did about 6 or 7 other travelers around this time, suspiciously when they're census was low. When letting my recruiter know this, she investigated a little further and found out that this hospital participated in practices like this frequently. My company presented this evidence to the hospital, and the hospital offered to rescind the cancellation; I declined. Luckily I was able to pick up another contract a week after. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS HOSPITAL! 12/04/2016 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Apartment Complex . Housing was located in city of Rohnert Park . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. na
- I worked in the same day surgery department(s) in the hospital. Asked me to extend, was unable. Last day a patient fell,after telling patient to not get up. Incident report I filed, told supervisor,who is not a nurse.. she helped me get to the online report properly. 6 months later when I couldn't get a job at a facility found out she put me on a do not use list. It's all political and can't get off list after calling. They made up a story, blame the traveler. 01/20/2016 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was travel lodge. Housing was located in city of Santa rosa. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. Had to have a car. Was a dangerous area.
- I worked in the pacu department(s) in the hospital. Nurse Bullying by Staff 10/15/2015 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Extended Stay. Housing was located in city of Santa Rosa. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the Surgery department(s) in the hospital. Do not work at this hospital!! The shifts are crazy. You have to work 7a-3p, 9a-5p, 11a-7p, 3p-11p all mixed up during the week so you don't know if your coming or going. Plus if they are slow on later shifts they just send you home. The computer charting is a joke and they expect you to be a size at it the first day without training. They show you one time how it works then you're on your own. They also have travelers training travelers!!!! It's the pits. The staff doesn't like travelers because they get paid more than they do and they treat you that way too. So do yourself a favore and don't try out this place. 04/07/2015 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Extended Stay America . Housing was located in city of Santa Rosa. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. It will cost $2000/mth to stay there. Which if your company pays enough stipend for that no problem but mine did not. Way too expensive for me.
Click here for advertising info