Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Kaiser Permanente
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.1|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.9|
|3. Hospital Technology||1.9|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.9|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.6|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.6|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.3|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||1.4|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.6|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.7|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.4|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.1|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.1|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.6|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.1|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.4|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.6|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.3|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.3|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||52.5(7)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was park view terrace. Housing was located in city of redding. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. 12/31/2012 I was originally placed in Corona, which is a city of 150,000. My apt was right on a busy road. I asked my company to move me and they did to Parkview Terrace. Its a great place to live, nice and quiet with a 10 acre park attached.
- I worked in the Pre-Op department(s) in the hospital. 05/05/2009 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Avalon at Cedar Ridge. Housing was located in city of Daly City. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. Mold and Mildew everywhere. My clothes and books are ruined.Also, my apartment was flea infested and had to be sprayed twice. Ickkkk
- I worked in the Post partum department(s) in the hospital. 02/26/2007 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Archstone. Housing was located in city of San Diego. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Very nice gated apartment. Very clean, parking is hassle-free, maintenace staff very efficient, friendly management office and great location -close to the mall, major stores ie Costco, Ikea, Lowes and the TROLLEY!!
- nurse:patient ratio is 1:5, but the high acuity of the pts without help, this workload is sometimes to damanding. travelers float first, sometimes 2-3 shift. no extra help....ever...even to turn heavy pts. dr's are nice however and most of the nurses are helpful and nice. it just seems like the management does not know how to runs things smoothly and that makes for a chaotic day. all paper charting. hospital orientation is the worst i have ever had. i would not recommend this hospital to a traveler or for that matter...any kaiser facility. The name of the housing complex was archstone. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the ICU/SDU department(s) in the hospital. Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Pavona Apartments. Housing was located in city of San Jose. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- The pay rates are great at all of the Kaisers and overall Santa Teresa is not as scary as the rest of the Kaiser System, however, staff morale is low, the hospital is staffed by about 75% travelers, and if you sign on to this hospitals ICU you will spend about 80% of your time floating to med/surg or tele.
- Travelers float first, sometime twice in 12 hours. no computer entry for tests, or procedures. No dietary to pass trays, food not warm when it comes to the units, must be reheated by RN or CNA. Outdated equipment. I worked wherever they floated me to. The housing I lived in was called Archstone in Redding about 10 miles from the hospital and I rate it a 3.
Click here for advertising info